Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stereotypical Monday AKA the making of Princess Rene

So just a background. I'm in the middle of 9 days straight at work. I had one day off last Thursday, but otherwise I'll be there from last Tuesday through this Thursday. That set up the scenario that happened yesterday. Rene had worked 3p-3a the night before so typically I get up and get Isabella to school so he doesn't have to get up, but that's not how things worked yesterday...

7:45am - Chloe wakes up. She needs to nurse. Thinking she would go back to sleep and Rene could get more continuous sleep than if he had to wake up and give her a bottle in a little while I ask him to just get up and get Bella dressed and pour her some cereal.

8:35am (5 minutes late for school) - After much fussing and gnashing of teeth we finally head out the door. I notice that Isabella has something on her pants so we have to head back in and change pants. In the meantime the dog runs away.

8:45 - Finally get out the door. . . again

9:10am - Hop in the shower, I have to leave by 10:00am

9:30am - The phone rings. Somehow Isabella has left her glasses behind. So now I have an added stop before getting to my appointment. The phone wakes Chloe up. Bring her with me and try to get ready. If any of you know my 10 month old that is like trying to put on makeup while wrestling a greased hog.

9: 40am - Hear a truck pull up. Check out the window and it looks like roofing supplies. We weren't expecting them today, but it dawns on me that we haven't put back up our house number since painting the house and the guy looks like he is looking for something so I go out to talk to him. Have to move the cars.

9:45am - get back inside and break the news to Rene that he may not be able to sleep in today. The roofers are here, Chloe is awake, and I need help. Rene says the roofers won't bother him, rolls over and goes back to sleep. Meanwhile Chloe proceeds to pull everything off the bottom shelf of the bathroom closet and is sucking on anti-bacterial hand wash bottle. Nice

9:50am - Now I hear the dog barking in the front yard at the roofers. Tell Rene again that I need help, but my pleas are met by snores.

9:55am - Come back in and look for my clothes that I had laid out on the hamper. Start to panic because I can't find them. Rene gets up, but stumbles around aimlessly. In hindsight I now realize he was looking for his crown.

10:00am - Finally find clothes, but they've been stuffed down into a hamper and now smell like feet. Get really irritated and start ranting. Manage to get dressed and rant to Rene as I get my things together. At this point he finds his crown lying around somewhere and manages to get it on. He stamps his feet and says "What the heck happened this morning?" What I hear is "Good Lord Woman. Don't you know that I am Princess Rene and you usually do everything for me? If things fall apart one day I'm going to throw a fit." Stunned I leave the house without saying anything

10:10am - Get to the school and drop off the glasses

10:25am - Get to my appointment 10 minutes late and text Rene that his new nickname is Princess Rene. He later tells me that it doesn't bother him. In fact he rather likes the ring of that....

No comments: